Sunday, July 8, 2012

In The Moment–A recent Show at Beacon Arts Building

While I had every intention of seeing this show earlier and posting before it came down, that was not to be. Instead I share pictures of work that I enjoyed. I would describe the work as: playful, colorful and energetic.

 In the Moment A solo painting show of work by resident artist Deborah Lambert:

Resident Artist exhibition: In the Moment, recent, large abstract paintings by BAB 
Resident Artist Deborah Lambert. Lambert writes about the paintings: "The abstract paintings [speak clearly to the process of painting] as they exist in the moment and engage viewers with bold color, sweeping gestures and rigorous marks. The dynamism of the work reconnects viewers with their oft electronically overloaded sense of observation and asks them to engage with the work on a deeper level."

Deborah Lambert

Deborah Lambert. Detail.

Deborah Lambert, Detail.

Deborah Lambert
 This is the moment I stopped and really wanted to take a closer look at Deborah's work. She showed her paintings alongside her encaustic paintings.
Deborah Lambert, Encaustic.

Deborah Lambert, detail of hanging mechanism.

Deborah Lambert, detail of hanging mechanism.

Deborah Lambert, detail of encaustic splatter.

Deborah Lambert, Encaustic.

Deborah Lambert, detail of hanging mechanism.

Deborah Lambert, detail of bottom.

Deborah Lambert.

Deborah Lambert.

Deborah Lambert, detail.

Deborah Lambert, Gallery View.


2 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    Thanks for sharing this really cool exhibit ! I feel like I'm in the room looking at this exciting abstract art. Great idea to show details and hanging technique. I really like the ones hanging down from hooks. I've always been curious about how artists manage that. This makes me want to get up and go find some great art to look at !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a special treat to run into this show. I am glad you enjoyed it! I hope to meet the artist someday.

      Delete