Monday, April 30, 2012

Reviving Ophelia - Performance Piece

I am intrigued and fascinated by work that artists do while working in collaboration, this project is no exception. My friends and classmates worked tirelessly for over a week in a room with no windows and all white walls, including the ceiling and floor. Then they transformed the place into an installation and performance piece called:

 Reviving Ophelia

I have not asked them yet, but my guess is that it has some connection to the very popular book  
Reviving Ophelia - I have not read the book but maybe now I will. http://www.amazon.com/Reviving-Ophelia-Adolescent-Ballantine-Readers/dp/0345392825
Close-up of Crystal Erlendson's Legs as well as the live fish and flowers.


Five of my classmates put together an amazing installation performance.

Crystal Erlendson as Ophelia in her watery grave. She did not blink or move while I shot photographs.

The white house was drawn on the floor and a field of daisies was projected on the wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment