Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Artists Working With and About Food

I have been working with food for a little while and a funny thing has happened. I keep running across artists that are doing works referencing food or using food. Below are two examples. Including my own.


Henry Hargreaves is a photographer. He makes tech look-alike products out of Foam Core and deep fries them. As a friend said to me today, "Fried Apples."
Henry Hargreaves

I first saw this image on Two Coats of Paint. Instant noodles as sculpture.

  ANN CATHRIN NOVEMBER HØIBO, Untitled #06, 2012, bronze cast of instant noodles, 4 x 3 ¾ x 1 ¼ inches.
 


I consider myself a painter.
Suzanne Gibbs, 2008. Red Hot Chili Pepper. Acrylic on canvas board.
 But is this a painting?
Suzanne Gibbs, 2012. Noodles. Noodles, gesso, string, canvas on canvas.
 Share a food art image.

No comments:

Post a Comment