Saturday, June 23, 2012

FREE Art - LIKE on Facebook

Last night my kids and husband drove to Panda Express at 9PM to receive their FREE serving of orange chicken The chicken was FREE because they hit LIKE on Facebook. They tell me the place was full and that there was a line. It was a party and people were proud to show their coupon to each other in line.

Suzanne Gibbs, 2008. Self Portrait. Acrylic on Paper.


Can an art show work like this? Rent a space, hang a show, invite guests via Facebook and agree that all the artists will give away small 4x4 inch art pieces to the first 150 visitors. The rest of the art would be for viewing and for sale.

My husband said we would need to serve food. I say why not pot luck or have a nearby food truck.

In this Social Media world it seems that more and more people want to connect in person with others that have similar interests. I'd try this with a group of 15 or so artists would you?

5 comments:

  1. Suzanne - I think this is a delightful idea that would be festive and fun. Great idea! Keep us posted! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances - I will have to try it! Then I'll post about it...my take me a few months, stay tuned...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete