Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happiness Wednesday, Week 3

MFA Thesis In Progress

I feel compelled to make this post short. Last night I completed and printed out the First Draft of my MFA thesis at midnight. Yes this qualifies as a Happy Wednesday post! And yes in addition to making a lot of art, artists write a thesis as well.

I am not ready to share the essay up-close and in PUBLIC, yet. Instead, I will give you a snapshot of what my desk looks like while completing this difficult and enriching task. I would however, welcome collaborators, please read to the end of this post for more information.


In order to put things into perspective I should let you know that I am working at a 10 foot table.

The ubiquitous red pen.
So far, my only editors and collaborators are my children and my husband. Next week my work will endure a peer and professor review. I am looking forward to this step in the process.

If any of my loyal blog followers (you know who your are) really wants to read this document in draft format - please let me know in the comments section and give me your preferred e-mail. I will send it to you and I will gladly accept comments and feedback. Thank you in advance.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Suzanne, you take me back... it's no small feat writing your thesis! At least it wasn't for me. Yes, it's a happy day to have your draft ready. Good luck with your review. Just remember, that soon you will be past this. I hope you can have fun in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda - thank you so much for your support. I feel like the work is just beginning and I will do my best to enjoy the process every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzzane, I'm happy to assist, if wanted. I can proofread, etc. If so, clarify your criteria...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - I will take you up on it. I will send it over soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete