Saturday, July 28, 2012

Top 4 non-art supplies suppliers

Non-art Supplies

Home Depot - while I prefer a neighborhood hardware store this big box store is more readily available these days, buckets, tools, rollers, tape, sand paper, picture wire, nails, screws, and more.
My bucket. Used to keep water, about half full. Why?
I use the water to dunk my hands in if I burn myself working with hot wax.
Alternately to put out a fire if I catch my art work on fire with my torch.
Yes, I also have a fire extinguisher in my studio!

ACE Hardware - while an old fashioned neighborhood hardware store would be my number one choice, when I live close to an ACE store I prefer it to Home Depot. In fact I would love for my readers to tell me about their favorite home-grown hardware store. Share pictures too!
150 Sand paper, sanding block for detail work. Sanding block for working with tile.
Tools of the trade. Making art is akin to construction in many ways.

When I do not use my torch I use a heat gun to fuse the encaustic paint. Thank, ACE!
PS I have two of these because they frequently overheat while I work!

Premier Packaging - to get ready for Open Studios, Art Fairs, or other selling venues this on-line store has bags and other display ready items.

Pexi-U Bracket for display and peg board.

Crystal Clear Bags - Bags for protecting cards and art work, some paper goods too.

Cards with matching envelopes.


Clear bags for larger art.



Package for 3-4 cards.

Cards inserted.

Clear Bag for one card.

After these there are the obvious other stores that a self-employed person would need to visit: Office Depot, Staples, or Office Max for office supplies.

Don't forget an A-Frame! This one uses chalk AND magnets!


No comments:

Post a Comment